jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Strasser <tobias.stras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Question on protected property of nt:versionHistory's residual node
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 09:39:04 GMT
hi,
the entire jcr:versionStorage is considered as read only and therefor
nt:version, nt:versionHistory etc. are protected.

On 6/2/05, McComsey, Doug <Doug.Mccomsey@ca.com> wrote:
> In section 6.7.22.13 of jsr170-0.16.3-pfd.pdf (nt:versionHistory) on page 149, there
are three child node definitions. The first two are autocreated, mandatory and protected.
The third is a residual definition that is neither autocreated nor mandatory and therefore
I feel it should NOT be protected. In the spec, however, it is defined as protected.

> Which is correct?
>
> Note: This came up because I am failing the testResidualAndLegalType test (due to the
protection) in the CanAddChildNodeCallWithNodeTypeTest class. This test calls canAddChildNode
on an nt:versionHistory NodeType. Why isn't everybody failing this test?

--
Tobias Strasser, Day Management AG, Barfuesserplatz 6, CH - 4001 Basel