jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject versioning questions
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 18:54:41 GMT
Hi to all

It seems versioning is not working as expected on the root node. It
fails to create a versionhistory (VH) if the root node in another
workspace already has a VH. Apparently, it's the result of using the
same uuid for the root node in multiple workspaces.
I get the following exception
javax.jcr.version.VersionException: History already exists for node
cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe
Is there any reason for using the same uuid? I think it might lead to
errors in the client code. AFAIK the root node is the only node that
can share the uuid and not the VH.

A couple of doubts ... Since there are two separate instances of PMs
handling any versioning action, one for the workspace, and another for
the versioning, and versioning actions are not synchronized, how can
versioning be thread safe?, I mean that not necessarily the threads
will write to both PMs in the same order. And for the same reason (2
PMs for 1 action) it seems it won't be possible to persist versioning
changes as a unit in a single transaction. Comments?

BR,
edgar