jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Non JSR 170 - JackRabbit Dependencies
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:30:07 GMT
Thanks for that Stefan, I guessed as much. I know this is a bit of a
guess but do you think there will be enough common ground amongst the
vendors for me to write an interface so that I can try to plug-in vendor
specific node type management.

I keep thinking this is a bit of a mad question, how on earth can anyone
anticipate how the vendors will implement node type management. I just
thought it might be worth a stab in the dark ;)

Thanks

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Guggisberg [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com]
Sent: 28 June 2005 11:14
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Non JSR 170 - JackRabbit Dependencies

ok, i see. your app is probably registering custom node types.
node type management has intentionally been left out
in version 1.0 of the spec. it's a very complicated matter
and it's difficult to reach a consensus. in the rdbms world
there's no standard for schemas and DDL, i guess for
similar reasons. the next version of the jsr 170 spec
will probably cover node type management but for the
time being you have to write vendor specific code if
you want to register your own node types.

as for your list of dependencies, i guess only the following
are really required:

import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeDef;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeDefImpl;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.PropDef;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.PropDefImpl;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.QName;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.value.ValueHelper;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.util.ISO8601;

cheers
stefan

On 6/28/05, Simon Gash <Simon.Gash@gossinteractive.com> wrote:
> I've removed most of them but the following remain, I'm not sure if
I'm
> just using the API incorrectly but here they are :-
>
> import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeDef;
> import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeDefImpl;
> import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeImpl;
> import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry;
> import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.PropDef;
> import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.PropDefImpl;
> import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.PropertyDefinitionImpl;
>
> import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.QName;
> import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.value.ValueHelper;
> import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.util.ISO8601;

transmission.