jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Non JSR 170 - JackRabbit Dependencies
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:00:04 GMT
I've removed most of them but the following remain, I'm not sure if I'm
just using the API incorrectly but here they are :-

import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeDef;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeDefImpl;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeImpl;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.NodeTypeRegistry;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.PropDef;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.PropDefImpl;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.nodetype.PropertyDefinitionImpl;

import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.QName;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.value.ValueHelper;
import org.apache.jackrabbit.core.util.ISO8601;

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Guggisberg [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com]
Sent: 28 June 2005 09:54
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Non JSR 170 - JackRabbit Dependencies

On 6/28/05, Simon Gash <Simon.Gash@gossinteractive.com> wrote:
> What is everyone doing about the non-JSR 170 parts of JackRabbit. I
> think there was already a mention of a commons type area. I'm trying
> remove all JackRabbit references from my solution but I've got a bunch
> left behind. I was hoping to be able to get to the situation where I
can
> just swap out JSR170 repositories is this going to be possible ?

if you stick to the JCR api (javax.jcr.*) you should be safe.
what jackrabbit references do you have?

stefan

> My plan for now, was to hide them behind a common interface of my own
> design but will there be enough commonality between implementations
for
> this to work. Any ideas welcome...
>

> Thanks
>

> Simon
>

> Come visit us at:
>
> Government Computing Expo. June 21 & 22, Earls Court, Stand # 804
>
> SOCITM Annual Event. October 16 - 18 Brighton Hotel, Stand # 28
> GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and
88th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

> This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may
be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an
addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please
notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended
recipient you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on
this email.

> Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as
information may be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete or contain viruses. This email and any files attached to
it have been checked with virus detection software before transmission.
You should nonetheless carry out your own virus check before opening any
attachment. GOSS Interactive Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or
damage that may be caused by software viruses.