jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Two problems
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:48:50 GMT
I'm mentioning this as I noticed the text filter class was being ran
when I re-started my repository. I'll have another look at it.

Thanks for your help Marcel.

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Reutegger [mailto:marcel.reutegger@gmx.net]
Sent: 16 June 2005 16:45
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Two problems

Simon Gash wrote:
> Does this mean an index is created the first time a node is queried
> and then held in memory.

No, this is not the case. Only a certain amount of newly created nodes
are buffered for indexing. This number of nodes can be configured in
workspace.xml (parameter 'bufferSize' in SearchIndex tag).

The buffer is flushed to the index either when its size grows to the
configured value OR when a query is issued OR the search index is
shutdown.

> If so wouldn't that adversely affect the start up of the repository
> ??? Or am I needlessly worrying about this ?

pending nodes for indexing (if there are any) are written to the index
when jackrabbit is shut down. so, this shouldn't affect startup time...

regards
  marcel

Come visit us at:

Internet World 2005. June 14 - 16, Earls Court, Stand # A60

Government Computing Expo. June 21 & 22, Earls Court, Stand # 804

SOCITM Annual Event. October 16 - 18 Brighton Hotel, Stand # 28
GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. This
email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.