jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Searching Binary Nodes
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:50:52 GMT
Ah I see what you mean. I take it that all the information is stored in
the Lucene index, there aren't any new properties or nodes that are
added to my 'document' node ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Reutegger [mailto:marcel.reutegger@gmx.net]
Sent: 16 June 2005 10:30
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Searching Binary Nodes

Simon Gash wrote:
> Thanks for that Marcel seems to be working fine.
>
> I know this might sound like an odd question but the spec mentions
> 'text searching' how is this different from just searching a property
> with a String value. I guess I'm wondering why there is a like
> function as well as a contains function ?

The difference between the two functions is that jcr:like is strictly
specified how it matches string properties. the jcr:contains function is
specified to match in a fulltext manner. mainly on the node level. that
means you usually won't specifiy which property you are looking for but
just a couple of terms which should be contained in one of the property
values.

regards
  marcel

Come visit us at:

Internet World 2005. June 14 - 16, Earls Court, Stand # A60

Government Computing Expo. June 21 & 22, Earls Court, Stand # 804

SOCITM Annual Event. October 16 - 18 Brighton Hotel, Stand # 28
GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. This
email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.