jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Searching Binary Nodes
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:06:42 GMT
Thanks for that Marcel seems to be working fine.

I know this might sound like an odd question but the spec mentions 'text
searching' how is this different from just searching a property with a
String value. I guess I'm wondering why there is a like function as well
as a contains function ?

Thanks

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Marcel Reutegger [mailto:marcel.reutegger@gmx.net]
Sent: 16 June 2005 08:59
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Searching Binary Nodes

Hi Simon,

Simon Gash wrote:
> I've set up a binary document filter for MSWord documents, the Apache
> Slide stuff. JackRabbit seems to be picking up the filter alright but
> I'm having trouble querying the index. This is the XPath statement
> that I'm using
>
> //*[jcr:like(@jcr:data,'%document%')]
>
> I'm assuming that this will search any of the nodes underneath the
> root that have a 'jcr:data' type property and use the like function to

> filter out those that contain the text item 'document' or am I missing

> something ?

This depends on how the text filter extracts the text and assigns it to
index fields. E.g. the TextPlainTextFilter adds a fulltext field to the
node that gets indexed. This means the binary content can only be
searched with the jcr:contains() function. I assume the same applies to
the Word filter you are refering to.

regards
  marcel

Come visit us at:

Internet World 2005. June 14 - 16, Earls Court, Stand # A60

Government Computing Expo. June 21 & 22, Earls Court, Stand # 804

SOCITM Annual Event. October 16 - 18 Brighton Hotel, Stand # 28
GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. This
email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.