jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: [Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "PersistenceManagerFAQ" by edgarpoce
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 14:39:59 GMT
But if I want to run the JDBC PM on a number of different database
(Oracle, Ingres, MSSQL) I will need a number of different schemas, will
I not ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Serge Huber [mailto:shuber2@jahia.com]
Sent: 10 June 2005 15:11
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [Jackrabbit Wiki] Update of "PersistenceManagerFAQ" by
edgarpoce

Edgar has already done just that, see :

cheers,
  Serge...

Simon Gash wrote:

>Stefan,
>
>I'm still trying to grasp some of the concepts here, are you saying
>it's the ORM mapping layer that's the overhead here. Hence it would be
>better to design a simple schema (if that's possible) and avoid all the

>mapping stuff that comes with Hibernate or JDO stuff ?
>
>Thanks
>Simon

the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

>This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may
be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an
addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please
notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended
recipient you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on
this email.

>Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as
information may be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete or contain viruses. This email and any files attached to
it have been checked with virus detection software before transmission.
You should nonetheless carry out your own virus check before opening any
attachment. GOSS Interactive Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or
damage that may be caused by software viruses.

Come visit us at:

Internet World 2005. June 14 - 16, Earls Court, Stand # A60

Government Computing Expo. June 21 & 22, Earls Court, Stand # 804

SOCITM Annual Event. October 16 - 18 Brighton Hotel, Stand # 28
GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. This
email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.