jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "McComsey, Doug" <Doug.Mccom...@ca.com>
Subject TCK and Repository Descriptors
Date Mon, 06 Jun 2005 23:17:35 GMT
Section 6.1.1.1 of the 0.1.6.3 spec, Repository Descriptors, lists a number of descriptors
whose absence indicates lack of support for a feature.  The TCK does not seem to honor these
descriptors. For example, my implementation does not yet support observation, but the observation
tests fail.

What I was expecting was that with OPTION_OBSERVATION_SUPPORTED not present, the observation
tests would check for the UnsupportedRepositoryOperationException and fail the test only if
it did not get it.

Three questions:
1. How is the TCK supposed to behave?
2. If it behaves as I describe, do I just omit the TestAll of the observation package?
3. If not, how do I pass the tests?

Regards,
Doug

Doug McComsey