jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Stefan Guggisberg (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Closed: (JCR-133) Problem with '<' character in node names and (probably) XMLPersistenceManager
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 13:21:52 GMT
     [ http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-133?page=all ]
Stefan Guggisberg closed JCR-133:

    Resolution: Cannot Reproduce

i tested with rev190372 and the following configuration:
- XMLPersistenceManager and LocalFileSystem for 
  the default workspace

i added a node named "some <tag>" and verified that the name was correctly
escaped (i.e. using entity references) in the .node.xml. i restarted the repository 
and could read the said node without any problems.

btw: a problem like the one described here was fixed in XMLPersistenceManager rev170721.

if you are able to reproduce the problem please reopen this bug and 
provide detailed instructions how to reproduce it. also add information
about your exact configuration/environment.

> Problem with '<' character in node names and (probably) XMLPersistenceManager
> -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
>          Key: JCR-133
>          URL: http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-133
>      Project: Jackrabbit
>         Type: Bug
>     Reporter: C├ędric Damioli
>     Assignee: Stefan Guggisberg

> I'm using the XMLPersistenceManager.
> Node.addNode() permits to have the '<' character in the addes node name.
> This node is even successfully created.
> But after shutdown, the repository can't restart anymore, as the XML contained in the
.node.xml is malformed.
> The Lucene index failed to initialize with an error such as "Invalid character in node
name : '<'"
> After patching the XML file by hand, the repository normally retstart.

This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
If you think it was sent incorrectly contact one of the administrators:
For more information on JIRA, see:

View raw message