jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Fabrizio Giustina <fgi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene and deleted nodes
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 08:53:05 GMT
On 6/16/05, Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reutegger@gmx.net> wrote:
> Are you able to reproduce this error in a single session environment?
> That is, no other session is modifying the workspace at the same time.
> If you do, then this is clearly a bug as you described it. Can you then
> please open a jira issue? Thanks

Hi Marcel, I'll try to set up a Junit test which can reproduce the
bug, I will surely open a detailed issue as soon as I can reproduce
it.

> It is also possible that nodes get deleted after the search has
> completed calculating the uuids of the result nodes.

Nope, those nodes have been deleted days ago and the query still return then :/
This happens on a pretty big repository (the zipped repository -using
the standard jackrabbit filesystem- is > 40 Mb), and no other
inconsistency/corruption has been reported till now.

> Do you know if you get same error when you simply execute the query
> again? This would indicate that the index is really out of sync with the
> workspace.

Yes, the missing UUIDs always show up in the results... search is
definitively broken if any of the removed nodes is picked up

> regards
>   marcel

thanks for your answer
fabrizio