jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Edgar Poce <edgarp...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Benchmarking JCR
Date Fri, 01 Jul 2005 03:20:24 GMT
Hi jukka

  I've wanted to do performance testing for some time but I was quite
busy. In the meantime I gave it a couple of thoughts I'd like to share.
I'd like to achieve two goals:

1. create jcr commands (e.g. "AddNodeCmd", "SetPropertyCmd", "SaveCmd")
which can be combined into a chain. I think this would be useful also
for manipulating the repository either declaratively or programatically.

2. Make the commands accessible to jmeter in order to build custom test
plans and do performance testing.

The first part doesn't seem too hard, it can be implemented with commons
chain. The API is rather simple. In regard to the second goal, I think
it will be a little harder. I used jmeter a few times but I didn't dive
into the code til now. My first impression is that we could extend the
java protocol or create a new protocol for running chain commands.

If you think it's a good approach I volunteer to prepare a set of
commands, actually I already made a few :).

BR,
edgar