jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>
Subject Re: Implementing JSR-170 as EJB Application
Date Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:37:48 GMT
Hi,

Florian Ried wrote:
> Yes, that's right. I want to implement a jcr compliant repository
> (server). I know, that the JCR-RMI package is for making remote calls to
> a given jackrabbit repository. Am I right, that JCR-RMI can be used with
> any jcr compliant repository?

Yes, the RMI layer depends only on the JCR API and is thus independent
of the underlying implementation.

> My aim is to build a JCR compliant repository (level 1) on top of a
> given database. The structure of the database is already given and
> cannot be changed. The repository should be accessable by remote calls
> (repository server).

Have you considered deploying your implementation fully on the client
side and using normal JDBC for remote access. This approach makes it
hard to implement functionality like observation, but seems like a good
fit for a simple level 1 implementation.

BR,

Jukka Zitting