jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Serge Huber <shub...@jahia.com>
Subject Re: Using Jackrabbit with MySQL / Hibernate
Date Tue, 28 Jun 2005 09:05:19 GMT

Hi Digby,

You have to clearly seperate two things :

1) the storage format of Jackrabbit
2) using JSR 170 to access any type of content

In the first case, I think there is already a lot of choice, ranging
from object serialization into files, to CQFS filesystem-within-a-file,
to XML storage, to JDBC storage and ORM mapping. Some of these are more
mature than others, and some are a little experimental. The nice thing
is that the storage doesn't really matter, because of 2)

The second part is the most important, especially for existing data
system. Granted it will require writing a layer to the existing data
content, but you can bet that there will be some specialized companies
that will offer connectors to all types of backends (btw I'm guessing
this is what Day's is selling, but I could be wrong). If you're
implementing level 1, you can do so quite straightforwardly and migrate
data into Jackrabbit for example :)

Regards,
  Serge Huber.