jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: custom namespace/node type import tool
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 19:05:09 GMT
Oliver Kiessler wrote:

> your project sounds interesting. In the graffito project we just
> started to work on something similiar. It is a jackrabbit based jcr
> object mapping framework. You might be interested to have a look at
> it:
>
> http://incubator.apache.org/graffito/
> http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/incubator/graffito/trunk/jcr-mapping/
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GRFT-23
>
> Maybe we can work together on this.

sure. i'd rather not duplicate effort :) and i'd rather not maintain
such a tool for the long run, as i don't have a large development
community and want to concentrate on my main project.

my tool is *extremely* simple. i hadn't considered the dependencies
described in the jira issue, mainly because i haven't encountered them
in the node types i'm registering.

my requirements are 1) that i can run the tool from maven or the command
line so that i can create and populate the repository for my server when
building a distribution of the server and 2) that using the tool does
not force me to use the rest of your mapping layer.

while i'm definitely interested in the mapping layer, my jcr needs right
now are extremely simple, and i'd rather keep my small amount of jcr
client code than track another evolving, pre-alpha api - it's hard
enough keeping up with jackrabbit :) when your mapping stuff is farther
along, tho, i will definitely look to use it.

so what are your plans for node type registration? i noticed that you've
defined an interface but have no implementation yet.