jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: default value for initializing date property
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 15:10:59 GMT
Stefan Guggisberg wrote:

> what i have in mind is a NodeTypeInstanceHandler callback interface
> that can be registered for a specific node type. there are several
> open questions/problems though, e.g. portability, xml format of a
> node type with dynamic default values, dynamic values that depend
> on other values, method signatures of the callbck interface etc etc
> however it's on my todo list.

ok, thanks. any suggestions for a workaround in the
meantime? i suppose i could make the property not protected
and actually set it when i create the node.

is there any provision in the spec for modifying registered
node types, sort of like ALTER TABLE in sql? (sorry, don't
have the spec handy, will check when i get to the office.)
that would allow me to use the hack i suggest above and then
adapt gracefully once dynamic default values are supported.