jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting ...@yukatan.fi>
Subject Re: ObservationManager for JCR-RMI
Date Tue, 21 Jun 2005 10:44:51 GMT
Hi,

Felix Meschberger wrote:
> As I had a requirement for getting observation Events to the RMI-Client,
> I created an extension to the RMI implementation which uses a mechanism
> similar to the JMX Remote (JSR 160) notification dispatching to dispatch
> events.

Very nice, thanks! I'll give it a go and commit your changes later
today. Some comments:

- Were the project.xml formatting changes deliberate or just caused by
an XML tool?

- You added concurrent and commons-logging as dependencies. If possible,
I'd like to find a ways to keep the dependencies at a minimum (the
Xerces dependency is a necessary evil). Logging is a reasonable
addition, but if there is a simple way to replace the Concurrent classes
with standard Java classes then I'd be happy to make those changes.

- Some of the files contain a Day-specific copyright statement. Could
you please replace them with the Jackrabbit copyright header and resend
the patch? I cannot commit them as they are, and don't want to go
changing your copyrights. :-)

- Out of curiosity, did you think about solving the listener problem by
using a remote listener interface instead of the polling solution? This
was my initial idea but I never got around to trying it out for real.

Overall I'm very happy with this addition. Observation support has been
on my mental TODO list for quite a while, and seeing it done is good
news indeed!

BR,

Jukka Zitting