jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>
Subject Re: treatment of multivalued property
Date Sat, 18 Jun 2005 13:29:27 GMT
Hi,

Gennady Azarenkov wrote:
> specs 6.7.13 PropertyDefinition: "isMultiple() - Reports whether this
> property can have multiple values... "
> means if isMultiple() == true  - property can be either multi- or single
> valued,
> if isMultiple() == false  - property should be single valued
> right?

No, AFAIK the isMultiple flag is definite, i.e. if isMultiple is true
then the property is not single-valued. Otherwise the API suffers severe
breakage in many places, not least of which is the fact that the
separate multi-/single-value namespaces would get mixed.

I'm not sure if this is more properly explained in the spec somewhere
else. If not then it probably should be in an errata or included in a
future revision.

BR,

Jukka Zitting