jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Two problems
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 15:44:37 GMT
Simon Gash wrote:
> Does this mean an index is created the first time a node is queried and
> then held in memory.

No, this is not the case. Only a certain amount of newly created nodes
are buffered for indexing. This number of nodes can be configured in
workspace.xml (parameter 'bufferSize' in SearchIndex tag).

The buffer is flushed to the index either when its size grows to the
configured value OR when a query is issued OR the search index is shutdown.

> If so wouldn't that adversely affect the start up
> of the repository ??? Or am I needlessly worrying about this ?

pending nodes for indexing (if there are any) are written to the index
when jackrabbit is shut down. so, this shouldn't affect startup time...

regards
  marcel