jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: Searching Binary Nodes
Date Thu, 16 Jun 2005 09:29:59 GMT
Simon Gash wrote:
> Thanks for that Marcel seems to be working fine.
>
> I know this might sound like an odd question but the spec mentions 'text
> searching' how is this different from just searching a property with a
> String value. I guess I'm wondering why there is a like function as well
> as a contains function ?

The difference between the two functions is that jcr:like is strictly
specified how it matches string properties. the jcr:contains function is
specified to match in a fulltext manner. mainly on the node level. that
means you usually won't specifiy which property you are looking for but
just a couple of terms which should be contained in one of the property
values.

regards
  marcel