jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: indexing, jackrabbit & cqfs
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 08:58:39 GMT
Boris Kraft wrote:
> Is it still possible to turn of indexing (and versioning while I am at
> it) with the current release of jackrabbit?

If you comment out the SearchIndex tag in the workspace.xml you can
disable the QueryManager / Indexing.

> The reason why I am asking is that with my latest build (from last
> Saturday) I have serious problems to get a stable repository using
> cqfs. In particular, the repository breaks and the indexer writes out
> index.dat files with a size of ~100GB (yes, thats Gigabyte). Obviously,
> I am not really happy about that.
>
> Does anybody else experience similar behavior?

Nope, haven't seen this before.
It seems that you are using CQFS as the underlying filesystem for the
search index. If this is true, I recommend to use LocalFileSystem.

One reason for the huge index.dat file might be that the configuration
for CQFS is not apropriate for the use as a filesystem for search index.
e.g. the blocksize parameter has an influence on the maxmimum file size
that can be created in CQFS.

regards
  marcel