jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Marcel Reutegger <marcel.reuteg...@gmx.net>
Subject Re: TCK and Repository Descriptors
Date Tue, 14 Jun 2005 07:12:19 GMT
Hi Doug,

sorry for the late reply, but I was out of office for a while...

McComsey, Doug wrote:
> Section 6.1.1.1 of the 0.1.6.3 spec, Repository Descriptors, lists a number of descriptors
whose absence indicates lack of support for a feature.  The TCK does not seem to honor these
descriptors. For example, my implementation does not yet support observation, but the observation
tests fail.

> What I was expecting was that with OPTION_OBSERVATION_SUPPORTED not present, the observation
tests would check for the UnsupportedRepositoryOperationException and fail the test only if
it did not get it.

> Three questions:
> 1. How is the TCK supposed to behave?
> 2. If it behaves as I describe, do I just omit the TestAll of the observation package?
> 3. If not, how do I pass the tests?

The actual TCK allows you to specify which of the optional features
should be tested. The test classes in jackrabbit with the TestAll test
suites simply run all the tests because jackrabbit implements all the
optional features.

That means you can either ignore the failed tests or run the tests with
the TCK webapp (under contrib/tck-webapp in jackrabbit) and uncheck the
features that should not be tested.

regards
  marcel