jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Aemisegger <develo...@pagnolia.ch>
Subject Maintaining reference relations between repositories
Date Mon, 13 Jun 2005 21:21:31 GMT
Dear list

Suppose two repositories, an author and a public repository. You can activate
content from one to the other. The two repositories are physically separated,
maybe located on different machines.

My use case are references to nodes (e.g. links to a page or an asset) that are
of subtype mix:referenceable. The challenge we encounter is that the read only
property 'jcr:uuid' is generated automatically while activating and thus
references are lost.

How can you ensure that references in the author repository are respected in
the public repository?

Cheers,
Michael