jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Brian Moseley <...@osafoundation.org>
Subject Re: JackRabbit as Shared J2EE Resource
Date Fri, 10 Jun 2005 04:37:09 GMT
Florian Ried wrote:

> Yes, I included the ResourceLink element to the context.xml of my
> Web-App. I think, that JINDI naming isn't the problem, beacause the
> JINDI resource name is found. Only the returned resource (the
> repository) is null.

when i had this problem, i found that i needed to place the jcr and/or
jackrabbit jars in $CATALINA_HOME/common/lib so that the server could
load the classes in a different classloader than the webapp's one, which
i gather it needs to do when registering the global naming resources.
that was with tomcat 5.0 tho; i've never done it with tomcat 5.5.