jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Angela Schreiber <anch...@day.com>
Subject Re: Modifying checking in properties.
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 12:44:37 GMT
hi

you cannot set a property of a checked-in node.
see jsr170 specification section 8.2.5 Check In:

"The node N and its connected non-versionable subtree become read-only.
[...]
Read-only status means that an item cannot be altered by the client
using standard API methods (addNode, setProperty, etc.). The only
exceptions to this rule are the restore , Node.merge and Node.update
operations; [...]".

and section 8.2.6 Check Out:

"In order to alter a versionable node (and its non-versionable subtree)
the node must be checked-out."

is that, what you were looking for?
kind regards