jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Rickard Öberg <rickard.ob...@senselogic.se>
Subject Re: Contributing PHP port of JSR 170
Date Thu, 02 Jun 2005 07:11:04 GMT
Markus Nix (Mayflower) wrote:
> As JSR 170 becomes more and more popular it is rather obvious
> that there is a certain need to provide similar functionality
> for other languages.
<snip>

I would agree in general, but IIRC Sun is not happy about JSR's being
copied to other platforms. In particular, I heard that a JDO vendor who
ported their project to .Net was threatened with a lawsuit and had to
withdraw. I would recommend that you check the legalities of it before
doing too much work.

regards,
   Rickard

--