jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <ju...@zitting.name>
Subject Re: JCR query question
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2005 14:27:47 GMT
Hi,

Maxim wrote:
> When query is made and result is returned, should nodes in
> result list be "real" nodes and contain all properties or they will be
> a "pseudo-nodes" containing only properties mentioned in query.
>
> Or maybe this behavior depends in query type (SQL or XPath)?

I think this depends on whether you use QueryResult.getRows() or
QueryResult.getNodes() to retrieve the query results.

AFAIK (see the JSR 170 spec for the correct interpretation)
QueryResult.getRows() only returns the properties mentioned in the query
while QueryResult.getNodes() returns live Node instances just as (for
example) Node.getNodes() does.

BR,

Jukka Zitting