jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Tim Kettering" <tim.ketter...@vivakos.com>
Subject problems building jackrabbit
Date Thu, 23 Jun 2005 14:28:12 GMT
Hi everyone,

I'm new to jackrabbit, so I apologize if this is a common question, but I
wasn't able to find anything related to this in the archives.  I've
downloaded the jackrabbit source from svn and when I try to run 'maven jar',
I'm getting some 100 errors, I'm pasting in the first few errors below.

java:compile:
    [echo] Compiling to C:\CodeCentral\vps-prod\jackrabbit/target/classes
    [javac] Compiling 31 source files to
C:\CodeCentral\vps-prod\jackrabbit\target\classes
C:\CodeCentral\vps-prod\jackrabbit\target\generated-src\main\java\org\apache
\jackrabbit\core\query\sql\JCRSQLParser.java:265:
openNodeScope(org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.sql.Node) in
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.sql.JJTJCRSQLParserState cannot be applied
to (org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.sql.ASTPredicate)
  jjtree.openNodeScope(jjtn000);int operationType;
        ^
C:\CodeCentral\vps-prod\jackrabbit\target\generated-src\main\java\org\apache
\jackrabbit\core\query\sql\JCRSQLParser.java:373:
pushNode(org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.sql.Node) in
org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.sql.JJTJCRSQLParserState cannot be applied
to (org.apache.jackrabbit.core.query.sql.ASTLiteral)
                jjtree.pushNode(s);
                      ^

So I looked up the jjtree stuff, and it appears to be an ant task related to
the javacc compiler, and the ant manual seems to state that the javacchome
env variable needs to be set.  However the jackrabbit readme.txt says that
simply running 'maven jar' should be sufficient to compile the jars, so I'm
not sure if there's additional stuff that needs to be done, or if I'm
missing something.

I've also downloaded and installed the maven 1.8.1 ant plugin, as per the
instructions.

So I'm hoping that someone can help point me in the right direction so I can
compile this and start playing around with it.  Thanks!

-tim