jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alan Mehio <alan_me...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Contributing PHP port of JSR 170
Date Fri, 03 Jun 2005 13:11:40 GMT
Bjorn,

Thanks for your guidness and I will look at the PHP5; however, I don't think PHP has all the
Java features and since the JSR 170 is based on jcp.org so it is intended to be in Java otherwise,
it should be called PHP_SR 170 and placed in another place.
I am not againts any language and I have not mentioned any comparison except in the above
sentence.
Any way, let is more forward and please ignore this letter

Regards,
Alan

Björn Schotte <schotte@mayflower.de> wrote:
Alan Mehio wrote:
> What benefits we again by porting JSR 170 into PHP which is not an OO language.

Please inform yourself about PHP (especially PHP5) before making such
statements. Also, please try to google about "PHP shared nothing" which
should explain the "shared nothing" concept of PHP which is different
from Java.

And I would like to appreciate to avoid any "my language is better
than yours" statements on this list which should focus about JSR-170
and its ports.

--
Mayflower GmbH / ThinkPHP schotte@mayflower.de
Martin Luther Straße 5b Tel: 0931 / 35965-0

How much free photo storage do you get? Store your holiday snaps for FREE with Yahoo! Photos.
Get Yahoo! Photos