jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is there a SVN tag in Jackrabbit for JSR170 Final Release?
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 13:36:38 GMT
hi alejandro,

good to see you around here ;)

> Alejandro Abdelnur wrote:
> > My understanding is that while a project is in Apache incubator no
> > release can be made.
> I'm not sure if that's true, as just yesterday a release vote was
> started on general@i.a.o. However, I think that it has been the policy
> of Jackrabbit not to make releases before JSR 170 is ready.
i think the incubator does not stop us from making releases, please
correct me if i am wrong), however the ri is a relase of day-software
as the spec-lead and has only an indirect conjunction with a
jackrabbit release.

> > It would be useful if stable builds are tagged.
> True, and I expect that one will be made shortly after the API reaches
> 1.0. Not knowing the internal schedule of the expert group, I can't tell
> when this will happen, but I assume we are talking about weeks instead
> of months.
> > Is this already happening or being planned?
> There's already the ri-1.0 branch, but no definite version has yet been
> tagged.
we will branch the source code for the ri for the final release of
the spec, tck and ri. currently we are looking at a final release in
early june, since final approval ballot is looking good for 31-may ;)

regards,
david