jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2 jackrabbits on common file system
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 13:23:49 GMT
hi eric,

> I'm curently developing a CMS application (using Jackrabbit) and
> I would like to know if two applications embedding Jackrabbit library
> can work on a common file system ?
> For example if one is adding a file into a directory, will the other
> see the file immediatly or is there a cache layer and a need to
> refresh it before ?
> Is there some potential problems with such an implementation ?

those two applications should run either against the same "jackrabbit"
instance then everything should be fine.

see deployment model 2 & 3
http://incubator.apache.org/jackrabbit/arch/deploy.html

you can also just let one of your instances (the one that is mainly
writing, if there is one ;) ) use the "embedded deployment" and
the other instance connect to i through for example rmi as a
client, this  should allow you to see all the changes instantaneously.

regards,
david