jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: EventListeners as "autoupdate"
Date Thu, 26 May 2005 22:42:32 GMT
i think the mix:lastModified would be a good idea, in conjunction
with respect to a pluggable mapping for behaviour of "protected" properties
in general.
i think i remember an earlier thread about opv=INITIALIZE & COMPUTE

is here already a jira entry for this?

regards,
david

On 5/25/05, j.alkjaer@gmail.com <j.alkjaer@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there
>
> How do I replicate the automatic update of a "Last Modified Date" property?
>
> I can't seem to find a mixin type that will help me and I don't feel
> like "extending" nt:resource (or is it mimeresouce!!) which seems to
> be the only node type that does this.
>
> I have tried to use an eventListener. I register a
> "ModDateUpdateListener" upon login. This works nicely as long as there
> is only one active session, since events generated in session X
> triggers the listeners on all sessions (the noLocal flag when
> registering the listener doesn't help here as that simply means that
> session X doesn't receive the event itself)
>
> Alternatively I could keep a workspace global session for this type of
> listeners, but that seem quite klunky.
>
> So what I'm after is either the magic nodetype that updates
> last-modified-date or something like a workspace global listener pool
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> /Johal

standardize your content-repository !
                               http://www.jcp.org/en/jsr/detail?id=170