jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: webdav suggestion
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 10:00:35 GMT
> I agree there, in our implementation we had to make more or less the
> same utilities classes.
it is obvious that many new implementation will have to solve the
same problems. so i am not surprised at all that similar
"implementations" come up with similar code. i guess it is not the
idea of an api to also supply the "sdk" with a number of useful
building blocks for builing the implementation. that clearly is the
job of the RI. i think we clearly have to separate the concerns
here.

> The ValueHelper used to serialize deserialize introduces quite some
> dependencies through Text and Base64 classes.
> Having them in API is probably too late :) but an independent package
> à la "commons-*.jar" may be a good idea.
it is not just too late... ;) [see above]
of course i can see a jsr-170 helpers/convenience package...

regards,
david