jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From David Nuescheler <david.nuesche...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: webdav suggestion
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 08:24:42 GMT
i think i understand angela's concerns, and i think those are
healthy design decisions, however from my perspective it
would be great if as many contributions were jackrabbit independent
and only relying on the jsr-170 api.

i think this is one of the very important reasons when
a repository vendor decides to become jsr-170 compliant
that they do no longer have to build all these "commodities"
themselves from a webdav-server to an eclipse plugin,
to an rmi-layer etc...

so while i agree that code duplication is not desirable, i would
(until the situation with the helper classes is resolved) suggest
to anyway duplicate the code to maintain the independence from
jackrabbit. i think we currently have a similar situation with the
Values for the rmi-layer (and others).

i also would like to second stefano's comment: "patches welcome!"

regards,
david