jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Alejandro Abdelnur <Alejandro.Abdel...@Sun.COM>
Subject Re: Is there a SVN tag in Jackrabbit for JSR170 Final Release?
Date Sat, 28 May 2005 08:00:02 GMT

On May 27, 2005, at 6:36 AM, David Nuescheler wrote:

> hi alejandro,
>
> good to see you around here ;)

Keeping an eye on interesting stuff.

>> Alejandro Abdelnur wrote:
>>> My understanding is that while a project is in Apache incubator no
>>> release can be made.
>> I'm not sure if that's true, as just yesterday a release vote was
>> started on general@i.a.o. However, I think that it has been the policy
>> of Jackrabbit not to make releases before JSR 170 is ready.
> i think the incubator does not stop us from making releases, please
> correct me if i am wrong),

I remember something like it for Pluto (JSR168 RI), looking at the
Incubator Guidelines I've found the following:

http://incubator.apache.org/incubation/
Incubation_Policy.html#Releases%0D

> however the ri is a relase of day-software
> as the spec-lead and has only an indirect conjunction with a
> jackrabbit release.

I assume the RI will be Apache 2.0 license as well, right?

>>> It would be useful if stable builds are tagged.
>> True, and I expect that one will be made shortly after the API reaches
>> 1.0. Not knowing the internal schedule of the expert group, I can't
>> tell
>> when this will happen, but I assume we are talking about weeks instead
>> of months.
>>> Is this already happening or being planned?
>> There's already the ri-1.0 branch, but no definite version has yet
>> been
>> tagged.
> we will branch the source code for the ri for the final release of
> the spec, tck and ri. currently we are looking at a final release in
> early june, since final approval ballot is looking good for 31-may ;)

Great. Congrats to everyone, nice work.