jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe Girolami" <philippe.girol...@digiplug.com>
Subject RE: Performance issues of using "object" repository rather than "orm"
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 13:24:37 GMT
> > meaning XA or is the Object PM not even atomic when using
> > versionning/locking ?
> If jackrabbit with an Object PM crashes while it is storing nodes, only
> parts of the nodes might get written. those nodes will still be visible
> when jackrabbit is started up again, even though the transaction has not
> been completed. I guess fixing this would make a nice patch or
> contribution ;)
I get the message ;) The serverside just ran a story about a transactional
connector to a non-tx filestore, maybe it's worth checking out although the
performance hit might invalidate this scenario vs DB

> using a database backed PM with such a scenario, the database would
> simply rollback the unfinished transaction.
ok

Just to sum it up : when using a database-backed PM, jackrabbit (currently)
never uses clever SQL queries to access the content model. Ie, everything
goes through lucene or UUID. In this case, I can't think of why fs would not
be more performant than db. Is this your thinking ?

Philippe