jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Philippe Girolami" <philippe.girol...@digiplug.com>
Subject RE: Performance issues of using "object" repository rather than "orm"
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 17:50:20 GMT
> do you have the url at hand?
Oups, my bad. It's not transactional : just a "clean" way of accessing the
file system from EJBs :
http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=33341

> commons transaction might also be useful:
> http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/transaction/file/index.html
Yes ! Anyone know the performance penalty ? Is it write only ?

> in general this is correct. the query implementation does not rely on
> the persistence manager in use. by design, the query handler is not able
> to see the persistence manager implementation. though it would be
> technically possible to write a query handler that is aware of a
> database content store, and translate the jcr queries into native
> database queries.
>
> what clever SQL queries do you have in mind?
Obtaining nodes directly by querying one of their attributes (not UUID),
that must be very easy to do via SQL for simple queries

Thanks
Philippe