jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Peter Morton" <Peter.Mor...@gtnet.com>
Subject RE: Start Up Time
Date Fri, 27 May 2005 08:40:40 GMT
If the versioning initialisation performance is a known issue that requires
attention, has anyone had any thoughts on how to improve this?

I have noticed the poor performance when adding several thousand nodes to
version control and was wanting to come to a quick solution.  At the moment
we are running the repository on NTFS (which I know does help things) but
after moving to linux and ext3 the performance didn't really improve so I am
assuming there is something needing to be greatly optimized in the code
above at the PM level.

I will be looking into this in more detail next week, but any pointers would
be welcome.

Thanks,

Peter.

--
Peter Morton
Graham Technology plc,

This email (and any attachments) is private and confidential, and is intended
solely for the addressee. If you have received this communication in error
please remove it and inform us via telephone or email.

Although we take all possible steps to ensure mail and attachments are free
from malicious content, malware and viruses, we cannot accept any responsibility
whatsoever for any changes to content outwith our administrative bounds.

The views represented within this mail are solely the view of the
author and do not reflect the views of Graham Technology as a whole.

Graham Technology plc                               http://www.gtnet.com