jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Benjamin Mestrallet <benjamin.mestral...@exoplatform.com>
Subject Re: webdav suggestion
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 09:47:41 GMT

> so: what are the arguments against having a general
> pool for common utilities in jackrabbit?
>
> - valuehelper
> - constants
> - iteratorhelper
> - etc...
>
> those are things i would even expected to be part of
> the api, since probably everyone building its
> jsr170 impl will have those kind of helpers.

I agree there, in our implementation we had to make more or less the
same utilities classes.

The ValueHelper used to serialize deserialize introduces quite some
dependencies through Text and Base64 classes.

Having them in API is probably too late :) but an independent package
à la "commons-*.jar" may be a good idea.