jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Performance issues of using "object" repository rather than "orm"
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 09:13:20 GMT
hi philippe,

On 5/18/05, Philippe Girolami <philippe.girolami@digiplug.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I was wondering what the rationale for using the contrib-ed "orm" repository
> rather than the default "object" repository was ?
>
> If we're using Lucene for indexing & queries then I assume the StateManager
> is just a way to retrieve data... unless it is sometimes traversed ? What
> would be the cases apart from XML exporting ?

i don't understand your question, sorry. the PersistenceManager (PM) is at the
bottom layer in jackrabbit's architecture. the PM is responsible for persisting
and loading NodeState and PropertyState objects, nothing more and nothing
less. there are multiple PM implementations available in jackrabbit.
the Object PM
that you mentioned uses a primitive yet efficient homegrown filessytem-based
serialization format whereas the ORM PM uses object relational
database to persist
the data.

now what is your question?

cheers