jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repository Fatal Error
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 08:28:55 GMT
this post didn't make it to the list, sorry. i'm reposting it to the list...

On 5/17/05, Simon Gash <Simon.Gash@gossinteractive.com> wrote:
> OK I've walked my way through the code and this is what I found.
>
> The RSS reader passes the string (containing illegal XML character &) to
> me and then I use it to form the name of a new node. This is then saved
> in XML format by the persistence manager. However, when re-loading the
> node an XMLReader is used, this has problems with parsing the XML
> (containing the illegal character - its used to indicate the start of an
> entity reference) and logs an error, further down the stack an exception
> is raised as the node has no 'value'.
>
> I guess the solution would be to encode the xml on storage (& = &amp;),
> I did this manually and it worked fine. I'm not sure if I should be
> checking the new nodes name to ensure its good XML or whether JackRabbit
> should be doing it ?

you shouldn't need to worry about whether a name is a valid xml name as
long it is a valid jcr name. if an '&' within a node name causes problems
in the xml persistence manager that would definitely be a major bug.
i'll investigate.

thanks for bringing this up!

cheers
stefan