jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception handling in o.a.j.core.ItemManager (was Repository Fatal Error)
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 08:24:20 GMT
hi simon,
it's a bug in the XML PM. i committed a fix (rev170721).
could you please check if it resolves your issue?

thanks for reporting this problem.

cheers
stefan

On 5/17/05, Simon Gash <Simon.Gash@gossinteractive.com> wrote:
> I've tried Stefan's example and it does indeed work. However I then went
> back to the RSS feed and again I had the problem. I tracked it down to
> the '&' character.
> 
> I also noticed that there is no exception raised writing to the
> repository. I get the problem reading the repository after the offending
> character has been added. Here is the full error I get back -
> 
> [Fatal Error] :14:31: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in
> the entity reference.
> ERROR:  'The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity
> reference.'
> javax.jcr.RepositoryException: failed to instantiate persistent item
> state manager: failed to read node state:
> cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The
> entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.:
> failed to read node state: cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe:
> org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The entity name must immediately follow
> the '&' in the entity reference.
> Null
> 
> I'm going to check xml parser versions as a colleague suggested, just to
> make sure there isn't a class loading problem.
> 
> Thanks for the help.
> 
> Simon
> 
> PS I'm using the XMLPersistenceManager with the CQFileSystem.
> 
> -----Original Message-----
> From: Edgar Poce [mailto:edgarpoce@gmail.com]
> Sent: 16 May 2005 18:08
> To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Exception handling in o.a.j.core.ItemManager (was Repository
> Fatal Error)
> 
> Hi stefan
> 
> Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> > On 5/13/05, Simon Gash <Simon.Gash@gossinteractive.com> wrote:
> >>This is the repository exception I get
> >>
> >>[Fatal Error] :30:24: The entity name must immediately follow the '&'
> >>in the entity reference.
> >>ERROR:  'The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity
> 
> >>reference.'
> >>java.util.NoSuchElementException: failed to retrieve item state of
> >>item e2fa4f29-c6f7-4b46-b0d3-09568f564e0d
> >
> >
> > please note that neither is a RepositoryException therefor it's hardly
> 
> > a "Repository Fatal Error". a stack trace would be helpful.
> >
> I guess the full trace is not included because the ItemStateException
> catched in ItemManager.createItemInstance(ItemId id) is neither nested
> in a new exception nor logged in error level, it's in debug. The same
> comment applies to ItemManager.getItemState(ItemId id).
> Shouldn't both be nested in the new RepositoryException?
> 
> regards
> edgar
> > cheers
> > stefan
> >
> >
> >>Come visit us at:
> >>
> >>Internet World 2005. June 14 - 16, Earls Court, Stand # A60
> >>
> >>Government Computing Expo. June 21 & 22, Earls Court, Stand # 804
> >>
> >>SOCITM Annual Event. October 16 - 18 Brighton Hotel, Stand # 28 GOSS -
> 
> >>Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in
> the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA.
> >>
> >>This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may
> be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an
> addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please
> notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended
> recipient you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on
> this email.
> >>
> >>Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as
> information may be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
> or incomplete or contain viruses. This email and any files attached to
> it have been checked with virus detection software before transmission.
> You should nonetheless carry out your own virus check before opening any
> attachment. GOSS Interactive Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or
> damage that may be caused by software viruses.
> >>
> >>
> >
> >
> 
> Come visit us at:
> 
> Internet World 2005. June 14 - 16, Earls Court, Stand # A60
> 
> Government Computing Expo. June 21 & 22, Earls Court, Stand # 804
> 
> SOCITM Annual Event. October 16 - 18 Brighton Hotel, Stand # 28
> GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.
> 
> This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.
It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error has misdirected
this email, please notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended
recipient you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this email.
> 
> Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may
be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses.
This email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
transmission. You should nonetheless carry out your own virus check before opening any attachment.
GOSS Interactive Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or damage that may be caused by software
viruses.
> 
>

Mime
View raw message