jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Exception handling in o.a.j.core.ItemManager (was Repository Fatal Error)
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 10:37:51 GMT
hi edgar,

On 5/16/05, Edgar Poce <edgarpoce@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi stefan
>
> Stefan Guggisberg wrote:
> > On 5/13/05, Simon Gash <Simon.Gash@gossinteractive.com> wrote:
> >>This is the repository exception I get
> >>
> >>[Fatal Error] :30:24: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in
> >>the entity reference.
> >>ERROR:  'The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity
> >>reference.'
> >>java.util.NoSuchElementException: failed to retrieve item state of item
> >>e2fa4f29-c6f7-4b46-b0d3-09568f564e0d
> >

> > please note that neither is a RepositoryException therefor it's hardly
> > a "Repository Fatal Error". a stack trace would be helpful.
> >
> I guess the full trace is not included because the ItemStateException
> catched in ItemManager.createItemInstance(ItemId id) is neither nested
> in a new exception nor logged in error level, it's in debug. The same
> comment applies to ItemManager.getItemState(ItemId id).
> Shouldn't both be nested in the new RepositoryException?

i agree and i already fixed it (rev170561).
thanks!

cheers
stefan

> regards
> edgar
> > cheers
> > stefan
> >

> >>Come visit us at:
> >>
> >>Internet World 2005. June 14 - 16, Earls Court, Stand # A60
> >>
> >>Government Computing Expo. June 21 & 22, Earls Court, Stand # 804
> >>
> >>SOCITM Annual Event. October 16 - 18 Brighton Hotel, Stand # 28
> >>GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in
the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

> >>This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally
privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an addressing or transmission error
has misdirected this email, please notify the author by replying to this email. If you are
not the intended recipient you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on this
email.

> >>Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information
may be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses.
This email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.