jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Guggisberg <stefan.guggisb...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Repository Fatal Error
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 13:27:43 GMT
On 5/13/05, Simon Gash <Simon.Gash@gossinteractive.com> wrote:
> I'm using JackRabbit to store some RSS feeds but now and again I get a
> fatal error from the repository. I'm guessing that there is some text in
> the RSS title that JackRabbit does not like (I'm attempting to strip out
> punctuation but I'm probably missing something.
>
> Is there a way of repairing the repository ? and is there a way of
> validating the input before I use it to create a node ?
>
> This is the repository exception I get
>
> [Fatal Error] :30:24: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in
> the entity reference.
> ERROR:  'The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity
> reference.'
> java.util.NoSuchElementException: failed to retrieve item state of item
> e2fa4f29-c6f7-4b46-b0d3-09568f564e0d

please note that neither is a RepositoryException therefor it's hardly
a "Repository Fatal Error". a stack trace would be helpful.

cheers
stefan

> Come visit us at:
>
> Internet World 2005. June 14 - 16, Earls Court, Stand # A60
>
> Government Computing Expo. June 21 & 22, Earls Court, Stand # 804
>
> SOCITM Annual Event. October 16 - 18 Brighton Hotel, Stand # 28
> GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

> This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.
>
> Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may
be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses.
This email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.