jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Strasser <tobias.stras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: encoding jcr names
Date Thu, 19 May 2005 07:54:47 GMT
imo, the single quote could be allowed in names by the spec. but the
general question remains: how to escape illegal jcr name characters?

the _x0000_ method mentioned above only applies for escaping non-valid
xml characters in names when exporting to xml. if using the same
mechanism here would probably confuse the situation.

i suggest to perform a url encoding of the non-valid characters. namely:

nonspace ::= (* Any Unicode character except:
                ''', '"', '|' or any whitespace
                character *)

this escaping would also be a good candidate to go into the commons-jcr library.
comments?

--
Tobias Strasser, Day Management AG, Barfuesserplatz 6, CH - 4001 Basel