jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From Tobias Strasser <tobias.stras...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: encoding jcr names
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 18:41:05 GMT
On 5/18/05, Brian Moseley <bcm@osafoundation.org> wrote:
> Peeter Piegaze wrote:
>
> > Brian, in your case you are going from a some webdavish resource name
> > and trying to produce a valid JCR name. The ugliness of the above
> > escaping mechanism stems from the limitations of XML. Since JCR names
> > do not suffer from these limitations your options for converting your
> > resource name to JCR are more open. Off the top of my head I don't
> > think URL encoding will conflict with the export to XML...or maybe you
> > have an example in mind?
>
> nothing specific. i just wanted to make sure that i don't break anything :)
>
> let's say i PUT or PROPPATCH a webdav resource "brian's calendar". this
> would translate into a node named "brian%2cs calendar".

i doubt that this is the desired result. the path on the webdav
request should be unescaped, and the correct node be created. if this
is not the case, then its a bug.
what servlet engine are you running the server in? (we encountered
cases, where the servlet engine did not unescape the path as specified
in the servlet spec.)

cheers, tobi