jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Repository Fatal Error
Date Mon, 23 May 2005 08:23:17 GMT
I've a feeling its more to do with cfqs storage. Your tool runs fine, it
finds the fault and then repairs the nodes. All very nice but I don't
think its persisting it onces it has repaired the fault. Its almost as
if the session is not being saved ?

Its quite a large repository...so not to sure if you really want me to
zip it up ???

Ta

Si

-----Original Message-----
From: Edgar Poce [mailto:edgarpoce@gmail.com]
Sent: 22 May 2005 17:03
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Repository Fatal Error

Hi Simon

Simon Gash wrote:
> A cool tool with only one draw back, it didn't work :( For some reason
> it found the problem   ok, repaired it and then closed down. It didn't
> actually store the fix, I noticed that the wspStore.dat cqfs file
> remained untouched. I ran the tool again...same result. Am I missing a

> command line argument ?
There are 3 arguments:
-repair
-config="path to repository.xml"
-repository="path to the repository folder"

If you set -repair it will prompt to repair the inconsistency. The class
responsible of fixing the inconsistency generated by the '&' character
is o.a.j.sanitycheck.fix.RemoveChilNodeEntry. If it doesn't work
properly you can plug your custom fix, see the commons chain
configuration file (sanity-check-chain.xml).

If you can't make it work, please send your broken repo in a zip file to
my private address, it might help me to find a bug in the tool.

BR,
edgar

> Thanks
>
> Simon

the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

> This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may
be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an
addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please
notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended
recipient you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on
this email.

> Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as
information may be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete or contain viruses. This email and any files attached to
it have been checked with virus detection software before transmission.
You should nonetheless carry out your own virus check before opening any
attachment. GOSS Interactive Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or
damage that may be caused by software viruses.