jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Repository Fatal Error
Date Wed, 18 May 2005 08:39:36 GMT
Thanks  for that Edgar, I hadn't really thought much about the choice of
persistence manager as in the future I want to move over to a relational
database storage. I was hoping to use Apache obj. Is anybody using this
yet ? I'm anxious to get some feedback on performance.

Thanks

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Edgar Poce [mailto:edgarpoce@gmail.com]
Sent: 18 May 2005 05:11
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Repository Fatal Error

Hi simon

Simon Gash wrote:
> OK I've walked my way through the code and this is what I found.
> I guess the solution would be to encode the xml on storage (& =
> &amp;), I did this manually and it worked fine. I'm not sure if I
> should be checking the new nodes name to ensure its good XML or
> whether JackRabbit should be doing it ? Or how about using the CDATA
> to block escape literal text ?

I think you shouldn't do any check, it's a bug in the XML PM.
One possible fix is to escape the sensitive character ('&'). Or maybe
create a DOM document and use XML serialization, I think this would be
more secure.

If you still want to recover your broken repository you can try the tool
I uploaded to JIRA (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JCR-76). It
will ask you to remove any reference to nodes and properties that the PM
is unable to read. I plan to add a GUI that will let the user navigate
the PM, but it's only a console tool for now :(.

btw, I don't think XML PM + CQFS is a good choice. xml is human readable
but it's no so easy to read/write if it's stored in cqfs. IMHO If you
need to use cqfs for performance reasons you should use Object PM
instead.

regards
edgar

> Any thoughts anyone...
>
> Thanks for your time.
>

> Simon

Come visit us at:

Internet World 2005. June 14 - 16, Earls Court, Stand # A60

Government Computing Expo. June 21 & 22, Earls Court, Stand # 804

SOCITM Annual Event. October 16 - 18 Brighton Hotel, Stand # 28
GOSS - Ranked 4th in the Deloitte Technology Fast 50 Awards 2004 and 88th in the Deloitte
Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may be legally privileged.

Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as information may be
intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late or incomplete or contain viruses. This
email and any files attached to it have been checked with virus detection software before
viruses.