jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Exception handling in o.a.j.core.ItemManager (was Repository Fatal Error)
Date Tue, 17 May 2005 08:30:07 GMT
I've tried Stefan's example and it does indeed work. However I then went
back to the RSS feed and again I had the problem. I tracked it down to
the '&' character.

I also noticed that there is no exception raised writing to the
repository. I get the problem reading the repository after the offending
character has been added. Here is the full error I get back -

[Fatal Error] :14:31: The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in
the entity reference.
ERROR:  'The entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity
reference.'
javax.jcr.RepositoryException: failed to instantiate persistent item
state manager: failed to read node state:
cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The
entity name must immediately follow the '&' in the entity reference.:
failed to read node state: cafebabe-cafe-babe-cafe-babecafebabe:
org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: The entity name must immediately follow
the '&' in the entity reference.
Null

I'm going to check xml parser versions as a colleague suggested, just to
make sure there isn't a class loading problem.

Thanks for the help.

Simon

PS I'm using the XMLPersistenceManager with the CQFileSystem.