jackrabbit-dev mailing list archives

From "Simon Gash" <Simon.G...@gossinteractive.com>
Subject RE: Repository Fatal Error
Date Mon, 16 May 2005 14:47:11 GMT
I agree I haven't had any problems for ages either. It started when I
was using an RSS feed to populate the repository, using the RSS title as
the name of the node. After I got the problem I put some code in to tidy
up the title and haven't had the problem since.

I'll take it out and test it on a fresh repository and make sure my
jackrabbit code is up to date.

Thanks

Simon

-----Original Message-----
From: Stefan Guggisberg [mailto:stefan.guggisberg@gmail.com]
Sent: 16 May 2005 14:07
To: jackrabbit-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Repository Fatal Error

hi simon,

On 5/16/05, Simon Gash <Simon.Gash@gossinteractive.com> wrote:
> Thanks for that Edgar I'll go and check out the tool. Is it in the
> trunk ?
>
> Edgar wrote:
> >I think there's no need to validate the input, if the repository gets
> broken it's a bug.
>
> Its fairy easy to break the repository, just add a ; into the name for

> a new node. I guess it should really throw an invalid path exception.
> My

this comes as a huge surprise! i haven't experienced one single corrupt
repository instance for at least a couple of months (using the 'core'
persistence managers, i have to add).

i quickly tested your claim with the following code:

            if (!root.hasNode("n1;2")) {
                Node n1 = root.addNode("n1;2");
                n1.setProperty("bin;2", new
FileInputStream("d:/temp/test.pdf"));
                session.save();
            }

everything worked as expected, also after restarting the repository.
i tested using XMLPersistenceManager and ObjectPersistenceManager.

what persistence manager are you using? if you can reliably reproduce
the problem with any of the core persistence managers please post a
'blocker' jira bug containing your configuration and exact instructions
how to reproduce the bug and assign it to me.

thanks
stefan

> real worry is adding critical data and not being able to recover it.
> I'm using the CQFileSystem for storage by the way.
>
> Thanks
>
> Simon

the Deloitte Technology Fast 500 EMEA.

> This email contains proprietary information, some or all of which may
be legally privileged. It is for the intended recipient only. If an
addressing or transmission error has misdirected this email, please
notify the author by replying to this email. If you are not the intended
recipient you may not use, disclose, distribute, copy, print or rely on
this email.

> Email transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error free, as
information may be intercepted, corrupted, lost, destroyed, arrive late
or incomplete or contain viruses. This email and any files attached to
it have been checked with virus detection software before transmission.
You should nonetheless carry out your own virus check before opening any
attachment. GOSS Interactive Ltd accepts no liability for any loss or
damage that may be caused by software viruses.